Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

login problem

jww1066orisit   May 1st, 2010 8:17a.m.

I tried to log in just now and got a certificate error because the CN was skritter.cn instead of skritter.com.

James

nick   May 1st, 2010 7:18p.m.

Hmm, I'm not seeing it. What browser was it?

jww1066   May 1st, 2010 10:50p.m.

My Android phone (Nexus One). I tried again just now and got the same thing.

To be precise, I go to skritter.com and see the front splash screen. I click on the login link in the top right corner. It shows the prompt, I put in my id/password and click "go", and at that point I see

"The name of the site does not match the name on the certificate. Issued to: Common name: skritter.cn"

I am not getting this error when I log in using the normal computer, no matter what browser I use, only when I log in using the phone.

Doug (松俊江)   May 2nd, 2010 1:27a.m.

I just confirmed that I get the same error with my Nexus One. It looks like the Nexus one only looks at the "Subject" field of the X.509 certificate (which for the certificate Skritter.com uses is skritter.cn). Desktop browsers also parse and use the "Subject Alternative Name" which includes several variations on skritter.com and skritter.cn).

The simple solution is to route all Nexus One (or Android devices generally) to the same page on skritter.cn when they go to login (note that going to Skritter.cn right now doesn't work since it redirects you to www.skritter.cn on login and the www. is not in the "Subject" field).

scott   May 3rd, 2010 10:36a.m.

Hmm, that wouldn't be good for people living in the US and probably elsewhere. It's slower to use www.skritter.cn, for me anyways.

I searched online, couldn't find much. But this post here:

http://wizardmode.com/2010/01/subject-alternative-enlightenment/

says that it's supported by the latest versions of the Android browser. Are you using the latest version? If not, is it possible to update it?

jww1066   May 3rd, 2010 12:35p.m.

It's already up to date. I just bought the phone a couple of weeks ago and have been keeping up with the software updates.

It's Nexus One firmware 2.1-update1, baseband version 32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2, kernel version 2.6.29-01117-g4bc62c2 build ERE27.

James

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!