Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

suggestion for home page

Bohan   May 1st, 2010 4:11p.m.

Here is a little suggestion for the Homepage. Since there are two "practice" buttons we can click(one being to the left of the "progress" tab, and the other being where it says "Items due now") , perhaps change the one where it says "Items due now" into a direct link to start drawing the characters that are due. Currently, clicking on either of those two "pratice" buttons takes us to the exact same page, where we have to wait for the page to load up, and then choose what we want to practice.

Byzanti   May 1st, 2010 4:43p.m.

Probably will confuse newbies. "Wa! I want to practice lists individually" or "Wa! I just want to study words I input and see all the pinyin and switch between them". "There's a practice page you can do that on!? Wow. I never noticed. I just clicked the big button".

Although, perhaps in your case it would have got you using SRS to begin with, so perhaps there's merit there after all...

Bohan   May 1st, 2010 5:52p.m.

well, and that case, they can choose a new word to substitute one of the "practice" buttons. So, instead of a big practice button, and a smaller one next to the "progress" button, they can change one to "items due now", and keep the other one as it is. Problem solved

nick   May 1st, 2010 7:17p.m.

I wanted to put a big "practice everything" button on the home page in addition to the link that takes you to the practice navigation page, but George and Scott thought it'd be clearer if there was only one funnel to get to practicing. Then again, you can now start cramming any lists or sections from those lists' pages, so that's not a good argument any more!

I generally want to deemphasize cramming and emphasizing practicing everything, so that's why I'd want the "study everything" button on the home page.

雅各   May 1st, 2010 7:22p.m.

Lol, I didn't realise people still used that home page now that the link to it is basically gone (:

Bohan   May 1st, 2010 9:26p.m.

Nick, I totally agree with you. Having two funnels on the home page wouldn't be confusing at all ! That would be more practical

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!