Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Removing Characters

ceggiman   May 9th, 2010 4:12a.m.

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if there's a good way to delete characters. My problem is that I enthousiastically added many not-so-relevant characters in my queue that turn out to be difficult to remember, given that I still don't know the basic elements they often contain. Now I searched the forum and found the following recommendation by George, dated Sept 2009:

-----
You can go the vocabulary page and delete specific characters, words, sections, or lists.

Finally, you can take a more organic approach, and simply click the "next" button each time you see something you don't want to learn. Skritter interprets skipping characters as an indication you know it. You'll have to do this many times to never see it again, but it's relatively quick.
----

The first possibility (going to the vocab section) is a bit messy, a huge list I don't like to scroll through. The second is like cheating, it will show the character as learned while it is not actually.

What I would prefer is a simple button during the regular skrittering session, so that I can just kick out those annoyingly difficult characters that reappear all over.

Thanks for your comments!
Best,
Chris

jww1066   May 9th, 2010 8:25a.m.

Click on the little hourglass on the right. There is a delete button inside the window that appears.

ceggiman   May 10th, 2010 8:58a.m.

Hi jww1066,
It's a magnifying glass for me but yes it works great, thanks!
Chris

jww1066   May 10th, 2010 9:02a.m.

LOL I'm losing my English skills thanks to studying other languages so much...

stelingo   July 29th, 2010 8:45a.m.

How do I delete individual words? When I click oin the magnifying glass I no longer see an option to delete.

Thomas   July 29th, 2010 10:10a.m.

Now the pop-up lists each part with an option to delete each one separately. It give you a bit more work but saves space.

Turn all the red circles with dashes to green circles with pluses and you'll have deleted all parts for the word.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!