Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

List editor broken on Google Chrome?

skdbhunt   June 18th, 2010 11:11a.m.

The list editor appears to be broken on Google Chrome 5.0.375.70 on Vista and Windows 7- when you have a list open, you cannot click on the section name and open it for editing. I see that it works on IE.

Anyone else seeing this or know of workaround? We happen to be working from China now skritter.cn.

scott   June 18th, 2010 5:15p.m.

I wasn't able to reproduce it, though it kind of sounds like you're not logged in on Chrome (when you're not logged in you can some of the list info, but not all of it). If that's not it, could you email me a screenshot?

sarac   June 18th, 2010 7:58p.m.

We tried this from both accounts on Chrome (sarac and skdbhunt), both logged in but no go. With limited resources here (minimally loaded netbooks in China) screenshots aren't easy. It works in IE on Windows 7 but not IE on Windows XP and not in Chrome.

This is what happens:
I click on vocab/lists/your lists/my list name/(edit)
Then the only clickable things in the lower half are: the "save changes" and "delete" buttons, the "x" for each section and the "add sections" button down below. All of those work except that after "add section" one can only add the name of the section and nothing else. On the W7/IE attempt I see that the list sections are clickable, are links, but not so on Chrome.

I hope that's enough information for you.

enjoy the weekend...

sarac   June 19th, 2010 10:16a.m.

Thanks Scott, it looks great in Chrome now. Only one hitch - I found my list and noticed a couple of definition holes which I filled but without having to hit "edit this section". It seemed to work but there was no way to save changes; eventually I did click on "edit" then "save".
Now there's no excuse for not studying my new words...

scott   June 19th, 2010 10:51a.m.

Huh, don't think I changed anything... well if it works now that's good!

That's actually a feature; you can add missing definitions without having to edit the list (the definitions are stored separately from the list). This is so that people can add definitions to words missing them even if they can't edit the list they're looking at.

sarac   June 20th, 2010 3:08a.m.

Well, we won't quibble about how it got to working. It was working on neither netbook before, now working on both of them.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!