Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Not enough words in vocabulary to study error

nickybr38   November 26th, 2010 3:19p.m.

When I try to cram the ChinesePod Supplementary lesson for the Where Are You From series I receive this odd error about not having enough words to cram. The box overlays the screen so I'm unable to cram this particular lesson.

Just an FYI heads up...

Mandarinboy   November 26th, 2010 4:50p.m.

You do get that in all cram sessions where you do not have enough words. Click the + sign to add some more chars and the message will disappear. Agree that the message is very large but the intention is to let you know that you need to add more. Though, I would like to know HOW MANY words there needs to be;-) It seems that you need at least 5 to get on without this message.

nickybr38   November 26th, 2010 6:01p.m.

..? There are at least ten words in that particular lesson! LOL. Repeated words but ten of them at least. :)

nickybr38   November 26th, 2010 6:02p.m.

BTW. This is a pre-made cram session so it seems as if I cannot add words to it. Ahh... oh well, I don't need to cram that section anyway, I know all the words. Haha.

nick   November 26th, 2010 9:41p.m.

Ah. Because all the words have 国 in them, it "reserves" that character, then can't load any words with that character until it's done with that word. But there aren't any of those, so it thinks there aren't enough words. I think I changed the wording of that error already to say that the words have to have distinct characters in them.

nickybr38   November 27th, 2010 12:39a.m.

:) That makes sense. Thanks.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!