Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Font sizes in new app

davidb   November 29th, 2012 3:00a.m.

Some of the font sizes are so small I can hardly read them! Including in the forum

esther   November 29th, 2012 3:54a.m.

That's also my problem.

nick   November 29th, 2012 2:35p.m.

Can you be more specific about which font sizes you would like increased? That would help us increase them! So the forum font size should be embiggened; what else? Thanks for your help.

davidb   November 30th, 2012 3:18a.m.

Thanks Nick. I find it a bit difficult to describe the screens, so hope you can follow. In general it is the fonts that look like normal type face that are small. So the fonts in the banner at the top, that give number due and time are small for my eyes. The buttons in the banner are smaller now too. There are two problem screens. First is the screen that follows the 'What's the pinyin screen'. The English is small , the pinyin is a good size. The worst screen is the one that follows the 'What's the definition screen'. The pinyin is very small and the English is a good size. Hope you can understand my explanation.

Laspimon   November 30th, 2012 4:19a.m.

You can take screenshots on iOS devices by holding down the home button and pressing the "turn off screen" button.

nick   November 30th, 2012 8:13a.m.

Sure, I got it. We'll review the design and see if we can increase some of those font sizes in the next update. The study page top bar is definitely getting bigger next time.

esther   November 30th, 2012 8:46a.m.

Hi Nick, I added some sentences from Pleco to the definitions. When I tap on the information "i" this sentence is often in the same small font as "Written xx hours ago...". Especially the Chinese characters are impossible to read. Would be great if I could zoom in somehow.
With the 2x button in the old version the Forum has never been a problem. Now I need to go to the web version.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!