Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Internal server error

雅各   April 11th, 2010 11:00a.m.

I just spent 1 hour creating a long word list of things I need to study and then i tried to save and it lost everything :( Any chance the contents are lying around in the logs on the server somewhere? I really dont want to spend another hour building up the list again.

The list was called "生詞看見在台灣2010年4月" and it had two sections "生詞" and "生詞2"

If I had to guess what caused it, I think this is the the first list i tried to create where the section names were chinese.

Byzanti   April 11th, 2010 1:10p.m.

Section names in Chinese shouldn't be a problem.. I have those :s.

nick   April 11th, 2010 4:36p.m.

Hmm; it looks like it's there now--did you recreate it or did it work after all?

雅各   April 12th, 2010 12:37a.m.

I ended up recreating it all.

It was just very frustrating because I had to manually type it from my electronic dictionary history which is slow and painful (:

Hobbes828   April 12th, 2010 4:04a.m.

happened to me before... i'd say type it in notepad first which occasional saves, then just copy and paste :)

scott   April 12th, 2010 9:22a.m.

I set up the backup system, and we do have the draft on our system. So it worked! But looks like you don't need it now, correct?

I'd make a page where you could go to recover backups but the new list system is next on my list of things to do and drafts are going to be gone with that new setup anyway. Changes will just be saved directly to the list, rather than through a draft object.

雅各   April 13th, 2010 1:27p.m.

Yea I "bit the bullet" so to speak and manually recreated it. Im using notepad from now on (:

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!