Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

sound effects

sonorier   June 13th, 2010 2:22a.m.

what is this supposed to do? I switched it on, but there are no sound effects. What did happen was that after every item i get a message like 'learned items, writing: +1' or something similar.

Neil   June 16th, 2010 7:22a.m.

There are sounds for scoring a question at 1 or 4, the '+1' events as you mention, and sounds for time spent like 15min, 30min, 1 hour.

Can you hear the audio of each character and word as they are studied? the sound effects volume should be the same as that.

nick   June 16th, 2010 3:39p.m.

The volume on the sound effects is controlled by the same volume control as the syllable pronunciations, but the sound effects are quieter (so as not to be distracting). And I haven't actually made a sound effect for the +1 learned messages, so it's still a bit weird for those to be controlled by that setting.

Byzanti   June 16th, 2010 4:01p.m.

I think what the OP is wanting, Nick, is more sound effects. Much like a Chinese fair ground shoot the balloons game. Basically, after every stroke you need a chorus of "太帮了!” ,“不错!”,and “很菜!”.

+ explosions. + dragons.

Byzanti   June 16th, 2010 4:04p.m.

(Edit: 太棒了 )

nick   June 16th, 2010 4:19p.m.

Well, when we get that microphone, I'll make some dignified noises into it and see what I can't come up with!

sonorier   June 22nd, 2010 12:45a.m.

If OP is Original Poster, than no, not exactly. :)

Just wondering what I was supposed to hear.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!