Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Is future items graph based on US time?

Mandarinboy   August 20th, 2010 5:20p.m.

Silly question probably but the future items graph is not based on my own time zone, is it? I am from Sweden, currently in Japan/China and regardless if i take the Swedish or Japanese timezone we are on Saturday now. The future items graph however still shows Friday and that I have a lot of upcoming reviews this past Friday. Every other places are however showing that it is a new day so this seems odd.

Byzanti   August 20th, 2010 6:31p.m.

The graph on the practice page updates at midnight, however otherwise "the new day" (with regard to learning items etc) is 4am your time. Hence the graph.

Mandarinboy   August 20th, 2010 6:59p.m.

Thanks Byzanti. I take that when you say midnight that is US time midnight since I am well passed breakfast in Japan. The 4 AM update I am aware of and that is working great. The graph update on the other hand gives that my review plans feels somewhat misguided.

Byzanti   August 20th, 2010 7:05p.m.

It should all be synced to the time you've set :s.

Mandarinboy   August 21st, 2010 4:53p.m.

I think the data is partly cached. My settings are correct in skritter. I never turn off my computer ( I go o hibernation) and have automatic detection of time zoon. If I clear the browser cache i do after a while get the correct future item graph. With the cash not cleared i did get the time from my last visited country i think. Since i usually change time zoone once or twice a week this explains the weird behavior.

nick   August 23rd, 2010 11:21a.m.

Thanks for the detailed bug report. I've got it on my list, now. Not sure when I can get to it, though. A double whammy of caching and time zone changes--brutal. Just to be very clear: you are changing your time zone manually on your Skritter account preferences, right? (Skritter shouldn't be using your system timezone for this).

Mandarinboy   August 23rd, 2010 6:56p.m.

@nick, yes I am. I do change that as soon as i start up Skritter in any new timezone. My PC gets the timezone from our corporate time server and sets the timezone for the PC. This is by no means a big problem so please prioritize other requests. I have found a way around this and that works for me. I where just puzzled about this since i could not figure it out at first. By the way, I love the graphs and stats:-)Tthat makes my day every day to follow my progress.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!