Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Removing words from study

Aaron Dolman   September 16th, 2010 6:39a.m.

I was studying a load of different books to get characters up and now i am using my own lists to go alongside my classes.

i basically just paused the other lists so to speak and did it so it stops adding them but it will keep reviewing the ones i already learnt.

I then thought as i am adding so many new words of my own i don't really need or want to review the others at the stage so though i would delte them altogether.

My question is, if i add the list again later will it start from scratch? In the delete words section it says this "Progress on these words are not removed. If you add them again later, you'll start where you left off."

so i tried it with some random list i only did a few words on and when i re-added it it was back adding from the beginning and not where i left off?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks
Aaron

scott   September 16th, 2010 12:19p.m.

Hmm, the progress that you made on those words should not have been removed. Give an example word and I'll take a look and see what was going on in the backend.

nick   September 16th, 2010 1:10p.m.

Progress on the list/section is removed, i.e., which words have been added. (You get set back to the beginning of the section rather than staying at word 5 or whatever). Learning progress on the individual words is kept if you reactivate those words by adding them again, is what we mean. If that makes any sense.

Aaron Dolman   September 16th, 2010 6:05p.m.

so for example if i got to HSK 3 (old Hànyǔ Shuǐpíng Kǎoshì)201-205 words and the status is "done" if i was to stop adding and delete the words so they don't review, if i later added that textbook again it will start adding from the beginning right? but what you are saying is, the words i learnt will still have the progress?

also if i delete the words and text books, it won't all of a suddent reduce the number of characters and words i have learned will it?

like the book i tried it on first was good news primer 1 - i think i had done the first 5 or 6 lessons on it. I then deleted it and re-added to see what happens and it goes back to lesson one and none of the W T P D are all reset - but in the background i still know these words and characters right.

Sorry for the confusing mess.

thanks guys

Aaron Dolman   September 16th, 2010 6:08p.m.

ok, i just re-read what you gusy typed (its 6am) and what Nick says explains it. It goes back to the beginning of the section. But learning progress is kept even though the W T P D are not shwoing green right?

nick   September 16th, 2010 7:59p.m.

Right -- if you were to re-add those words by letting it go through the list again, the old W T P D green progress cells would come back. They're just hidden because the word isn't active. They're still counted as learned in your stats.

Aaron Dolman   September 17th, 2010 12:18a.m.

thanks dude - sorry to bother you with such petty stuff.
keep up the good work

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!