Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Wubi input

Kewt   January 11th, 2011 3:17p.m.

I study Wubi instead of Pinyin input method for several reasons, including better memorization of writing. For the moment, I must switch between my skritter webpage, and some text-file where I can type in.

Does anybody think it would be practical too to have in the Skritter interface some possibility to learn an input method ? Some text-field would be enough, as the input method only depends on the computer, not the website. Or what about including on the characters-page the wubi (or other) input code ?

Maybe I'm the only one in this situation ! Sorry to disturb then !

Bohan   January 11th, 2011 8:48p.m.

I think you might be one of 3 or 4 non-Chinese people in the world who use Wubi instead of Pinyin or Zhuyin.

Don't count on the Skritter guys taking this request seriously

Thomas   January 11th, 2011 10:23p.m.

I've seen books full of Wubi codes for students to memorize, so I'm sure there are some single purpose anki-style Chinese programs to help you memorize those.

At the same time, I don't recommend downloading Chinese software onto a computer you plan on using for more than the day or two.

nick   January 13th, 2011 11:18a.m.

I don't think we're going to include Wubi codes in the dictionary; that's a lot of work for us, when very few foreign learners use Wubi.

You can edit your definitions or mnemonics to include the Wubi codes if you like.

Kewt   January 14th, 2011 6:06a.m.

ha ha I guess it is much work for a few users (maybe only me, in fact… whenever wubi is very interesting for memory, I find). That is a great idea, simple but I hadn't thought of it ! I'll edit my vocabulary then. Thanks a lot !

breakphreak   January 15th, 2011 2:58p.m.

After all you guys can get community help on any routing task :) with enough customers for each routine feature you won't need to invest your time even, just provide a platform and it'll work like a charm. Wubi/Zhuyin is only an example.

Kewt   January 19th, 2011 6:00a.m.

So I've begun to edit my vocabulary, adding character mnemonic for every wubi code, and it's very convenient. Thanks guys !

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!