Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

due xxx %

esther   February 4th, 2011 5:02a.m.

When I „study all“ I get words which are around 105% due. When I practise till „0 to review“ and then open old lists most of these words are due 160% or over. Why don’t I get these words with „study all“?

nick   February 4th, 2011 7:04a.m.

Are the lists single-section lists by any chance, or are you studying a single section from them? I've put some code in those circumstances that increases the "dueness" while studying just one section for older items that aren't actually due. The idea is to make it more conducive to cramming.

It does a little for studying single lists, too, to help you go over material again that you haven't seen from that list in a long time, even if Skritter thinks you don't need to see it for an even longer time.

It's a bit of a hack because it artificially inflates the readiness percentages that you see. Do you think this might be what you're seeing?

jww1066   February 4th, 2011 7:31a.m.

@esther - just curious, but how did you manage to get the upside-down double quotes?

esther   February 4th, 2011 8:49a.m.

@ Nick
I study NPCR. I just wondered whether I still know the vocabulary of the lessons I studied a year ago and chose some of these. So I discovered that more or less all these words are due but don’t show up.

@ jww1066
I make so many typos that I prefer to use Word for the postings.

jww1066   February 4th, 2011 9:01a.m.

@esther Funny, Word normally puts in the usual quotation marks, not the upside-down ones (which I'd never even seen before).

If you're using Firefox or Google Chrome they have built-in spellcheckers.

James

wb   February 4th, 2011 9:04a.m.

@jww1006 these are the normal quotes of German and other languages...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark,_non-English_usage

jww1066   February 4th, 2011 9:36a.m.

@wb thanks! You learn something every day.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!