Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Updating while doing reviews.

夏普本   November 10th, 2012 4:20p.m.

I remember the app only synced while on the home screen, but now it seems to regurlarly sync while I am performing reviews, sometimes locking the app for 10-20 seconds. This is pretty inconvenient.

Laspimon   November 10th, 2012 11:54p.m.

I second this. And even worse when my mobile network is bad, then it will keep trying to establish the connection, but never succeeding.
I'm in Beijing.

戴金霸   November 11th, 2012 6:37a.m.

Got the same problem too...

nick   November 11th, 2012 7:20p.m.

Is this happening while it's adding words, or not? We may need to configure the small vs. large sync threshold some more.

戴金霸   November 11th, 2012 8:58p.m.

Does not seem so. I added a lot of word manually had about 1500 reviews to do when it happened.

jcardenio   November 12th, 2012 2:43a.m.

I've had it without adding words and immediately after successfully adding words...

FYI, Sent you a separate email that may be related to this as well.

夏普本   November 12th, 2012 7:45a.m.

Seems to be random. Seems like a lot more frequent syncing and the syncing is slower than it used to be.

Laspimon   November 12th, 2012 8:49a.m.

Mine shows the following:

30 seconds of
《Sync: Counting 0/0》
30 seconds of
《Sync: Assembling 0/148》
Only then does the assembling start, and now, rather quickly, it reaches
《Sync: Assembling 148/148》
Then it starts doing the saving, also at a fine pace
《Sync: Saving 138/148 (0.01 MB)》

I am not sure if it has anything to do with adding new words. I have been adding quite a lot of single characters that I have already studied, so it may be connected.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!