Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

⻊ and 足

雅各   May 4th, 2010 6:28p.m.

Is ⻊ just the radical form of 足 (in both traditional and simplified). I keep on mixing them up.

Byzanti   May 4th, 2010 6:45p.m.

Yep.

I've never seen the 足 form as part of a character.

No doubt there are exceptions somewhere in antiquity...

west316   May 4th, 2010 7:32p.m.

There are a few words where the 足 form appears on the right hand side as part of a character, however they are very rare.

For example 促进: to promote; advance; accelerate.

The vast majority of the occurrences that I know of are as either as a blank 足 or as the radical form on the left, though.

Note: Skritter's constant telling me that my English spelling is wrong is starting to drive me nuts. Good for my spelling, but still frustrating.

Byzanti   May 4th, 2010 7:53p.m.

Ah yes, 促 is a common character.

Skritter's telling you your English is wrong :?

west316   May 4th, 2010 8:03p.m.

Yah.... My English spelling has always been horrible.

Yes, English is my mother tongue. I know...

雅各   May 5th, 2010 3:51a.m.

thanks, thats helpful!

ximeng   May 5th, 2010 6:12p.m.

捉 is common as well. Google also turned up 趸 (dun3, buy or sell wholesale) for 足 at the bottom.

http://mandarin.dsturgeon.net/dictionary.pl?if=en&rad=157 has a few more, but mostly seem to be rare enough not to have dictionary definitions.

Here's a good one: 𨆬, three 足s together. No definitions in the online dictionaries.

ShadoW2   May 5th, 2010 6:22p.m.

what about 提? Does it qualify with the additional bar?

Byzanti   May 5th, 2010 6:25p.m.

Very different... That's got 是 (to be) on the right, which is far flung from 足 (foot) ..!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!