Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Chrome zoomed up

Lurks   May 22nd, 2010 12:58a.m.

If you zoom in Chrome, there's a bug. It becomes weirdly impossible to draw something at the top of the input area. Going back to normal zoom fixes it. Latest Chrome version etc.

I think it's related to where the bounding box would have been for the Flash not changing with the zoom, so it could very well be a Chrome issue?

nick   May 22nd, 2010 9:27a.m.

After you zoom in, move your mouse cursor in the shape of a pentagram. That should fix it.

ddapore99   May 22nd, 2010 9:48a.m.

It doesn't really fix it for me. The back, erase, show, correct, and next buttons don't align correctly. The cursor appears to line up on the drawing area after doing the pentagram but it doesn't notice my stokes correctly when I try to write. Also as a side note: My cursor blinks (from the regular arrow to the skritter circle) whenever I move it.

nick   May 22nd, 2010 10:00a.m.

Oh yeah; I forgot. It got broken in Webkit (Chrome and Safari). I think the last time I looked at this I concluded it wasn't worth trying to fix. You can zoom in on Firefox (although if I recall correctly, weird garbage collection issues caused stutter for you in FF, Lurks) and IE, which I'm proud of given the weirdness of tracking the points for Flash within JavaScript after zoom!

ddapore99   May 22nd, 2010 12:06p.m.

I know Google is aware of the problem so maybe it will get fixed by them sometime in the future.
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=9996

heruilin   May 24th, 2010 10:23a.m.

I bailed on Chrome a while ago when I ran into this. As much as I don't care for FireFox, its been resurrected for Skritter.

Lurks   May 25th, 2010 3:23a.m.

Really, I find it runs like a dog on Firefox. Never figured out why but it's on multiple systems.

klutz14159   July 9th, 2010 12:39a.m.

I just tried running Chrome Skritter on my tablet and it is dog slow compared to firefox. It misses far more strokes - you have to slow down to beginner speeds or else strokes just don't register in the drawn places at all.

And I thought Firefox was slow...

Looks like I'll have to budget in a Cray supercomputer next year so I can run Skritter Flash at normal handwriting speeds.

Lurks   July 11th, 2010 10:09p.m.

Surprised, it runs pretty well in Chrome on netbooks. This an x86 tablet right?

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!