Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

mnemonic error?

jww1066   June 17th, 2010 10:56p.m.

when I click on the "see others" or "see author" button I am now getting a message that says "error" where the list of shared mnemonics should be.

This is on Chrome 5.0.375.70 beta on Windows XP.

James

mcfarljw   June 18th, 2010 8:19a.m.

I saw the same error twice last night.

jww1066   June 18th, 2010 8:29a.m.

I'm still getting it this morning.

scott   June 18th, 2010 9:39a.m.

Looks like we uploaded a bug last night. I did a quick fix and just uploaded it. Sorry about that!

mcfarljw   June 18th, 2010 9:41a.m.

Another thing I noticed is when someone else's mnemonic shows up and you click on it, then click away deciding not to add your own it "steals" it. Then when you go to the authors page it shows the same mnemonic but gives credit to both of them for the same one.

If you click around long enough in the correct order it will also allow you to add a seemingly infinite amount of votes.

mcfarljw   June 18th, 2010 9:56a.m.

For example, I just voted for the mnemonic on the character 再 (zai4) four times. After you select a favorite it looks like it counts the vote. But if you clear the box and select it again it doesn't take the vote away it just casts the vote again.

mcfarljw   June 18th, 2010 10:04a.m.

Not to keep piling on the issues, but with that same character if I click on the box and don't change anything it thinks I created a new matching mnemonic. So there are now 4 votes to one user and 1 vote to me for the same mnemonic (all done be me just clicking around).

Not sure if this is messing up data on the back end, but it seems like since the mnemonics have been released for a few days now that the voting tally could be extremely inaccurate. I know I saw several of mine have 2 or more other authors who used my exact mnemonic, but rather giving me the vote everyone just voted for themselves. Which is ok, but then you don't know who actually wrote it and people just have to pick one of the copies to vote for.

nick   June 18th, 2010 10:22a.m.

I made another bug a while back that duplicates them with a certain click pattern. After I can fix it, I'll run a script to delete the extras.

nick   June 18th, 2010 6:53p.m.

Okay--I think the duplicates have been massacred, and I've fixed the issue that was creating them. Let me know if you see further issues with this.

I've also fixed the duplicate voting bug and run a script to correct the vote totals, too. Thanks for the great bug reports!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!