Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

wacoom not detected

百发没中   March 21st, 2010 7:43a.m.

although my tablet is plugged in, i still have that message at the bottom saying that it can't detect the tablet. I even reinstalled that plugin but it doesn't seem to do any good. The funny thing is that yesterday there weren't any problems and I haven't changed anything since then...now that writing area on the tablet changes with the positioning of the mouse which means I often have to "reset" the position of my hand....

any ideas what the problem could be?

David

Rolands   March 21st, 2010 8:06a.m.

I get such message about 30 % of time as well. In my case, even if there is message "wacom not detected", I can still use it and all works fine. So, when it appears I just ignore it. I use Firefox.

nick   March 21st, 2010 8:13a.m.

Hmm, I don't know. I've seen random weirdness with this too. I'll suppress the message--the only thing that should change is the pressure sensitivity not being on. This plugin is very new, so maybe they'll work out the kinks.

mcfarljw   March 21st, 2010 11:49a.m.

What operating system are you using? I've had this problem several times before as well. The only way I've found to temporarily mitigate the problem is to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them. I have noticed just reinstalling them doesn't work.

百发没中   March 21st, 2010 1:37p.m.

@mcfarjw: I'm using windows 7 together with firefox 3.6.

@nick: wouldn't mind the suppressing of the message...that way I don't have to untick that box whenever I switch to my computer at work which doesn't have a wacoom.... :)

mcfarljw   March 21st, 2010 2:52p.m.

I would check your Windows 7 automatic updates settings. I have noticed that it wants to install drivers for the tablet that are not up to date (actually about two months ago it was trying to install the wrong drivers).

Lurks   March 21st, 2010 8:59p.m.

I've actually had a fair bit of bother with the drivers on Windows 7. Sometimes the pen just doesn't work at all. Even unplugging/replugging doesn't fix and a reboot is necessary.

podster   March 21st, 2010 9:39p.m.

I just started having this problem a few days ago. I was able to work around it by re-installing, without first uninstalling. Another faster fix I found was to go to Skritter settings, uncheck the Wacom button and then check it again. Of course, I was doing all this on the assumption that I was going to be denied some great features if I did not have the Wacom plugin operational.
Windows Vista
Firefox 3.6.

Rolands   March 22nd, 2010 1:06a.m.

Last 2 days this becomes very annoying. As an experiment I tried use 2 separate PC's - office desktop PC and Asus Eee PC notebook I use at home. I tried IE and Firefox.
There is no logical sequences or anything related, that can suggest something.
On both PC's it sometimes throws out the error message, and sometimes problem can be solved just closing and opening browser again, sometimes it is enough just to reload the page.

skritterjohan   March 24th, 2010 10:39a.m.

I also had this problem (Wacom plugin saying tablet not detected) from time to time.

As for the other occasional issue where the tablet does not work at all I go to the Pen Tablet Preference File Utility and click Remove for my preferences.

You can then reload your preferences if you had them backed up.

Actually this procedure was recommended by Wacom support.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!