Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

ジェレミー (Jeremy)   September 16th, 2010 5:29p.m.

Just moments after i just said i've never had problems with strokes,

if you load 値 into the scratchpad- can anyone else register the last stroke? (its bugged for me)

if i had said nothing would it still be functional?? lol
pretty freaky

Thomas   September 16th, 2010 5:41p.m.

I'm running into problems with most every stroke of this shape, mostly with the 山 radical, but also in some other characters as well.

I'm sure the guys are currently working on a fix.

west316   September 16th, 2010 6:04p.m.

That appears to be a new problem. I just started having problems with that stroke today.

nick   September 16th, 2010 7:55p.m.

I have no idea how this can be coming back. I broke it for a little while almost a week ago, then fixed it. But the brokenness persists! Some sort of weird caching thing? All these new reports of it all of a sudden, though. There shouldn't be any difference between users in this respect, but some people are seeing it and some aren't. Additionally, one user who was seeing it the worst reported that after no action on either side (except for perhaps his company clearing a midstream cache), it started working fine again.

Can y'all try totally clearing your caches or trying in a browser that you haven't Skrittered in recently?

http://www.skritter.com/scratchpad?words=%E7%BC%BA_%E5%80%A4

dert   September 16th, 2010 11:08p.m.

I was just curious, and I tried it though I haven't been having the problem myself. However, when I click the above link, I *do* have the same problem. I tried 山, 出, but no problem with them. i also completely cleared my Chrome cache.

Mandarinboy   September 17th, 2010 12:31a.m.

This is weird. When clicking on the link above I did have this problem again. Went for lunch and when back I refreshed the page and cleared the cache before trying and now it works perfectly. Also did try a couple of other characters with this stroke and they all had the problems before lunch and now after lunch they are all ok.

nick   September 17th, 2010 9:50a.m.

Okay, maybe it's not a caching problem? I'll keep trying to figure it out. I've added some logging to let me know if anyone is getting an old version of the recognition parameters for that stroke.

ジェレミー (Jeremy)   September 17th, 2010 10:12a.m.

Works for me now!
no cache clearing, or browser change

jww1066   September 17th, 2010 10:30a.m.

I had this problem last night on my Nexus One. I checked just now and it has resolved itself. It's also fine on the computer. I didn't clear the cache either.

James

west316   September 17th, 2010 11:55a.m.

I didn't do a thing but today it is working just fine. You just have to love ghosts in the machine.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!