Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

server errors again

jww1066   November 19th, 2010 11:28a.m.

I got 42 "internal server error" messages (error 500) in about 4 minutes just now. App Engine isn't supposed to be having any problems:

http://code.google.com/status/appengine

James

nick   November 19th, 2010 11:32a.m.

I'm not seeing anything abnormal; was this while practicing? Are you still seeing any?

nick   November 19th, 2010 11:33a.m.

Also, you can't always look at the main status page; sometimes there is an issue in the Python serving that isn't visible from the top. So in this graph, I do see some momentary weirdness:
http://code.google.com/status/appengine/detail/serving/2010/11/19#ae-trust-detail-helloworld-get-latency

jww1066   November 19th, 2010 11:34a.m.

Yes, it was from the practice page. Seems fine now...

jww1066   November 19th, 2010 1:20p.m.

Nope, acting up again (19 server errors in 16 min)

west316   November 19th, 2010 2:31p.m.

I am also having quite a bit of trouble today. Most of the time, Skritter is fine. Lately, there have been a lot of problems...

nick   November 19th, 2010 2:56p.m.

Sorry guys. I am pretty frustrated with the intermittent error surges on App Engine's end. They'e recently announced a bunch of new features in an upcoming release, though, one of which may make many of these errors go away. I've got my fingers crossed for that!

Bohan   November 20th, 2010 4:11a.m.

awww man, I can't get on the site for longer than a couple of minutes at a time.....

this has to stop

jlm2jlm2   November 20th, 2010 7:39a.m.

Idem here, and many times too much waiting (2-3 minutes) to move on.

stelingo   November 20th, 2010 2:52p.m.

Had same problem but didn't last long.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!