Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Skritter iPad app

leilei   November 5th, 2012 9:59a.m.

Hi guys, this could be a stupid question but is there a skritter app for iPad yet?

nick   November 5th, 2012 11:12a.m.

Why, it's awaiting App Store review right now. So pending our luck with Apple's reviewers, there will be soon.

It's the same app as currently can run on iPad in the iPhone app mode, but with the next app update, it will be made universal.

Pat Jack   December 19th, 2012 4:12p.m.

I'm very close to making an extended purchase plan of the Skritter for iPad, (IOS), subscription. I've spent a big chunk of money on the complete Rosetta Stone Mandarin course, to date, I only had the first level, now, I've got it all.

My plan is to create custom lists that duplicate the characters used in the Rosetta Stone, (newest version), course. This is my greatest concern. How is the "custom list" creation GUI and guts coming along, should I wait until the updates to the newest version are posted in the App Store?

nick   December 19th, 2012 4:21p.m.

I'd go ahead and create your custom lists on the Skritter website instead of within the app--it'll be much easier than doing it on the iPad, which shares the same interface but is much more of a hassle with touch input and the web view. Then, when you log in on the app, it will sync your lists to your iPad no problem.

Pat Jack   December 19th, 2012 11:00p.m.

Nick,

Super, thanks for the attention and thought given to this issue. So to confirm, with an iPad subscription, I can also use the regular, web interface on my PC? And then the App running on my iPad will read the list I made while using the PC ... and will this also allow me to then use that list offline, on the iPad?

nick   December 20th, 2012 11:55a.m.

Yes, yes, and yes, although studying the single list offline by itself won't work until our next 2.1.0 update (but reviewing all your words offline will work right now, and if you are just doing one list, there's no difference). Anyway, you if you aren't into your free trial yet, you should give it a shot now--you get a week to check it out.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!