Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Skritter Subscriptions

nick   November 14th, 2012 7:04p.m.

I just posted a new blog post announcing some changes to subscription pricing: http://blog.skritter.com/2012/11/skritter-subscriptions.html

I wanted to make sure y'all saw it, so posting it here, too.

夏普本   November 14th, 2012 7:13p.m.

Can you extend your subscription at the sale price before your current subscription expires? Can't find an option on app.

nick   November 14th, 2012 9:13p.m.

That's not available in the app until your subscription is almost done, but if you register a credit card on the website, we can charge a sale subscription to that, or if you send it via PayPal to scott@skritter.com with your username in the message, we can do it that way.

Bohan   November 15th, 2012 3:11a.m.

Skritter is totally worth 15 dollars a month

夏普本   November 15th, 2012 4:13p.m.

So my subscription is till January. If I send £79.99 to scott@skritter.com on paypal, you can extend for another two years on top of that?

nick   November 15th, 2012 5:38p.m.

Yup--it would extend until January 2015. Just make sure to include 'bjnsharp' in the note on PayPal so that we know where to apply the time.

snowcreature99   November 16th, 2012 9:10p.m.

I have zero problems paying $15 a month, would be a bargain for the most badass language tool and single most-used app on my iPad.

Alan_   November 19th, 2012 2:24a.m.

I paid for 2 years when the iPhone app came out this summer, I hope there is some similar offer in summer 2014 when I need to resubscribe...

(I should really log into my account again; the math tests are quite hard!)

nick   November 19th, 2012 12:34p.m.

Alan_, we had to make the math tests harder because so many bots were somehow able to guess the answers! They get quite creative.

CC   November 20th, 2012 2:41a.m.

Er... math test? (Or Maths test as I'm British!) What have I missed here?

Byzanti   November 20th, 2012 2:53a.m.

Try and post on the forum when you're not logged in....

Test   November 21st, 2012 2:14a.m.

Ah! I see (this is a non logged in post).

Laspimon   November 23rd, 2012 9:50a.m.

I have sent a mail to Scott asking for a two years' extension, but have not heard back from him (Holiday, perhaps, I dunno). I just want to make sure that you have received it.
My Paypal account doesn't work, so I have entered my card details on the site, so you can take it from here, if I have understood correctly?

nick   November 23rd, 2012 1:37p.m.

Yup, Scott's on the road for Thanksgiving with his family, so if you just sent it to scott@skritter.com, then it may take him a little while to get to it.

Laspimon   November 23rd, 2012 10:29p.m.

Should I send it to you also, to be sure?

nick   November 23rd, 2012 11:45p.m.

You can throw it down on the main Skritter contact form, and then everyone who processes these things can get a crack at it. (I don't actually do those; usually Jeremy and Evan do.)

Laspimon   November 24th, 2012 9:21a.m.

I have done it. If, say, they don't get to it until monday, will I still be able to grab the discount?

nick   November 24th, 2012 1:19p.m.

Yeah. We're not going to be strict about it.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!