Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Chosen mnemonics dissapearing

OCaptain   November 15th, 2012 8:25p.m.

I have just restarted studying after a vacation period, and have notice that many of my mnemonics do not show up anymore, yet they show as selected in the mnemonic list when I open that. Obviously I can just select another, and then reselect the old one, but if there is a quick fix to get these to show up that would be helpful. Thanks!

nick   November 15th, 2012 11:16p.m.

Hmm; was this just now, or did you see it earlier today, too? (We just transferred some changes on the live site when we sent out the newsletter.)

Can you give a couple examples of words where the mnemonics are not showing up (where you haven't already reset them)?

timoak33   November 16th, 2012 4:35a.m.

Same problem, just added a few yesterday and there not showing up today.
I added about 6 or so yesterday, dont know if its just yesterdays that are missing. I will continue to study and see if ive lost anymore...

Yes they are in my list of mnemonics but not showing in the study area.

nick   November 16th, 2012 10:28a.m.

timoak33, can you tell me some specific words to check out?

timoak33   November 16th, 2012 11:33a.m.

准备 zhunbei
希望 xiwang
告诉 gaosu
眼睛 yanjing
懂 dong
Think that's it for now, just the ones I added yesterday. Haven't seen any more as for the reason of my other forum post talking about losing progress etc.

Thanks Nick

Tim

OCaptain   November 16th, 2012 11:44a.m.

Just opened it up, and so far seen 迷,淑,宴,all within the first 6 or seven words, so I imagine will be heaps more.

nick   November 16th, 2012 12:12p.m.

All of these are showing up for me when I look--can you confirm that you still don't see the mnemonics? Or did you reselect/recreate them? You can use these links to quickly check them out:

timoak33: http://www.skritter.com/scratchpad?words=%E7%9C%BC%E7%9D%9B_%E5%91%8A%E8%AF%89_%E5%B8%8C%E6%9C%9B_%E6%87%82_%E5%87%86%E5%A4%87

OCaptain: http://www.skritter.com/scratchpad?words=%E8%BF%B7_%E6%B7%91_%E5%AE%B4

timoak33   November 16th, 2012 2:43p.m.

Cheers Nick, seems to be fine now and the speed is more normal.

Thanks
Tim

OCaptain   November 16th, 2012 9:33p.m.

Yep, just been on for a few minutes, but it looks like that problem is no longer happening, thanks Nick!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!