Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Lost Progress

timoak33   November 16th, 2012 5:46a.m.

Just completed over 20 mins study then took a break. I went to my progress page then went back to study, it went back to 8 minutes!
Whats going on, also my mnemonics have disappeared!

Also it takes about 5 minutes for the flash to come up, have to keep refreshing to get it to show. Ive got 30mb fibre optic speed, and normally fast as hell.
Whats going on guys?
Cheers.

itaju   November 16th, 2012 6:46a.m.

The servers are f'ed up right now - can't study myself.

Jose   November 16th, 2012 6:48a.m.

Yep, progress is not saved. Beta site too.

podster   November 16th, 2012 6:49a.m.

I can't get study to work right now.

cr0atian   November 16th, 2012 8:20a.m.

Me neither! The three dots just keep flashing.. It sucks because I have an exam that I was relying on Skritter to cram for =(

CC   November 16th, 2012 8:54a.m.

My ipod is working (and synching) but I can't get the website to work, just get the three dots....

nick   November 16th, 2012 10:43a.m.

I see the problem, but not the cause yet--something is not working with our error reporting. I'm working on it now.

nick   November 16th, 2012 12:31p.m.

I've done some digging this morning and finally found the problem in three pieces of code that we uploaded last night. I've just finished uploading the fixes, so it should work again now.

Sorry about this!

CC   November 16th, 2012 12:42p.m.

Thanks Nick. I'm back in now.

podster   November 16th, 2012 1:41p.m.

Skittering on iPhone now and last two automated syncs both crashed the app

Schnabelhund   November 17th, 2012 2:20a.m.

I’m confused; is the lost progress back now or not? I’m pretty sure I studied more than the 1.61 minutes shown in the progress graph yesterday.

nick   November 17th, 2012 1:20p.m.

podster, can you send me the crash logs for this? You can see crash-log-finding instructions here: http://www.iphoneappdevelopment.com/?p=38

Schnabelhund: unfortunately, the problem was in the saving of the reviews, not the displaying of the progress. If the study time is not showing up and the review count doesn't reflect the studying yesterday, then you probably got hit by the bug where the new code wasn't able to properly save the reviews.

Schnabelhund   November 17th, 2012 10:04p.m.

As long as it doesn’t mess with the spaced repetition, it’s not a big deal to me. Are the reviews going to be due when they’re supposed to?

podster   November 18th, 2012 9:03a.m.

Nick, I found the crash log folders in Windows but could not find anything recent in it.

nick   November 18th, 2012 5:36p.m.

Schnabelhund, you should be seeing the same reviews again in our next session if they weren't saved as I suspect. Is this not the case?

podster, which iPhone was this? It's possible it was a low-memory crash.

Schnabelhund   November 19th, 2012 1:58a.m.

Hmm, possibly... I’m not so sure. Oh well, I guess I’ll just move on. Thanks!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!