Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Changing definitions

Zeppa   December 1st, 2012 2:50a.m.

Sorry to raise this here - I did send it as a request for assistance.

辰 chén: heavenly body; morning, unlike all the other radicals, does not say 'Kangxi radical 161' in the definition and I haven't succeeded in adding it. Apparently a pencil should appear. Does that mean I could edit the definition for myself only? I would like the radical number to appear for others too.

nick   December 2nd, 2012 12:19a.m.

Evan has fixed it, but the fix hasn't propagated through the cache yet.

To edit your definitions on the web interface while you're studying them, just click on the definitions in the prompt area and type your new definition, then check or uncheck the "shared as correction" checkbox.

If it's from the word popup and not the study screen, there will be a pencil. There's also a pencil on the iOS app.

Zeppa   December 2nd, 2012 7:48a.m.

Ah, OK, thanks - I don't use the web interface. I'll look out for the pencil.

nick   December 2nd, 2012 1:29p.m.

In the iOS app, when you're studying, tap the definition in the top prompt area in order to expand the tapdown, and the edit definition and edit mnemonic pencils will appear. You can do it on reading and definition prompts, too, by tapping just above the line dividing the bottom prompt area with the top prompt area.

Zeppa   December 2nd, 2012 4:44p.m.

I've seen that now, thanks.
It just seems to be more logical when I create a list. It seems silly to create a list with an error in it and then wait to notice the error again on study.

nick   December 2nd, 2012 8:34p.m.

You can do it while creating the list, too. Finish editing the list, save, and then click on the word with the definition you want to edit to get its word popup. You can then edit the definition from the word popup.

Zeppa   December 3rd, 2012 3:15a.m.

Thanks, that's what I want.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!