Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Play sounds, post-grading

Laspimon   December 2nd, 2012 6:36a.m.

Regarding pinyin prompts:
I quite enjoy the fact that each syllable of the pinyin is being read to me as I type them, but that does not work after I have graded the word.
Now, when I make a mistake, I like to type it out again the correct way, to teach myself a lesson, so to speak. It would be nice if I could listen to the recordings as I do this.
I imagine this would only require copy-pasting a single line of code, but I don't know anything.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6748/screenshot20121202at709.png

nick   December 2nd, 2012 3:10p.m.

Good point. I've made an adjustment to this; try it out on beta and let me know if it's working as you desire. It wasn't a one-line change, but not too tricky, either.

Laspimon   December 3rd, 2012 3:38a.m.

It does. Except, only for compounds. Single character words only play the sound when I press enter.
That is to say, I no longer hear the words as I type it, initially.

nick   December 3rd, 2012 11:59a.m.

Single characters never played the sound as you typed them, though. We did that because we knew we would be able to play the correct audio right after you typed it because you'd hit enter, and it's less useful in this context to play it as you go with the tradeoff of sometimes playing wrong sounds when you make a mistake.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!