Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Add words suggestion

Schnabelhund   December 10th, 2012 5:40a.m.

Hello,
I usually add all the words of a new section first before I begin to Skritter because I find the "Adding words from ..."-bar distracting while I write. When the list is long, I spend much time clicking on the +-button. Can you make a button which adds all words from a section with one click?

nick   December 10th, 2012 11:54a.m.

I think that would be a rather dangerous fix for what sounds like an uncommon problem. Is there a way we could make the "Adding words from ..." bar less distracting, instead?

CC   December 10th, 2012 12:52p.m.

I like the bar, and that it's big and distracting. I have add on automatic add, so when I see the bar, I know I've made enought progress to add more words, and that makes me happy!

Schnabelhund   December 10th, 2012 4:40p.m.

The main issue for me is that it appears where it’s in the way of my brush, so it would help a lot if the bar weren’t on the canvas. Can you move it to some place where I don’t write on and CC can clearly see it?

nick   December 10th, 2012 6:42p.m.

Unfortunately not--it's coded Flash-side, so it has to be within the Flash drawing area. I'll make it so that your brush input goes through it, though.

Schnabelhund   December 10th, 2012 7:06p.m.

Thanks, that’ll help!

Schnabelhund   December 11th, 2012 12:49a.m.

Or may I suggest to take the bar to the bottom of the canvas? I think it would be much better since almost all characters are written from top to bottom and the bar only appears in the beginning of a new review. By the time we "reach" the bottom, it would be gone already.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!