Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Problem with iPad version

truando   December 12th, 2012 12:17p.m.

Hi there

after writing a word if I want o go back after the app moved forward to the next word (e.g. to grade the word I just wrote differently) I have a hard time with the back button.

Sometimes I have to push the region where the little triangle is 4-5 times until it works.

It would be nice if the forward and backward buttons were visible all the time. It would remove the guesswork where the buttons exactly are.

Thank you!

nick   December 12th, 2012 1:47p.m.

I'll be working on this soon. For now, please try pressing it very daintily (without moving your finger at all while you're pressing) and let me know if it works any better.

truando   December 12th, 2012 2:03p.m.

thanks, nick, I'll check that out.

btw: do you live in the forum? you're always here. always. amazing!, really!

I think you guys are exceptional and I am really glad I subscribed for 2 years.

nick   December 12th, 2012 2:31p.m.

I tend to check it while waiting for short Skritter uploads, app compiles, batch jobs, etc. It's a bad habit.

Thanks for your support!

truando   December 12th, 2012 3:13p.m.

it's a good habit. like srs. in small bits. you get. a lot. done. a. wholla. lot.

lennier61   December 12th, 2012 6:14p.m.

Nick, the Advanced Study is not working on my iPad. I have selected a particular list, and the iPad is stuck with "trying to add words....." message.

podster   December 13th, 2012 6:53a.m.

I had the same experience: advanced list, Skritter keeps "adding a new word" every few seconds, but will not advance to a different word and remains stuck on the same screen. This was about five days ago.

nick   December 13th, 2012 3:11p.m.

This bug is fixed and will go out with the next update, which we're hoping to submit soon with a bunch of other bugfixes.

Unfortunately, until it goes out, any words that are added during single-list study won't show up until the study view is reloaded, so it's probably best to avoid single-list study situations where a lot of adding is expected until the fix is ready.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!