Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Skritter Freezing (wont go onto next character)

pprendeville   December 20th, 2012 9:09a.m.

I'm studying a chapter from Integrated Chinese at the moment (just one chapter) on ipad in the advanced study mode as I want to focus on a few tricky characters from this particular chapter. After about 5 or 10 characters it won't go onto the next one despite their being about 30 characters altogether. I can go back to the previous one alright. What gives?

It's saying there are no words due but every few seconds I hear the sound for a new character added but the word count still remains at zero.

nick   December 20th, 2012 12:01p.m.

This is a bug in single-list study that is fixed in 2.1.0, which we'll be sending out soon. It doesn't recognize the added words from that list until the next session.

pprendeville   December 20th, 2012 12:13p.m.

No problem. Cheers.

nick   December 21st, 2012 12:19p.m.

Yours sounds like a general internet connection problem, malaili. All of the symptoms you were describing are things we've occasionally seen in the past when the connection to the Skritter servers is poor.

nick   December 26th, 2012 12:56p.m.

Because part of the info for that word was downloaded incorrectly, and the client can't handle the corruption, so it errors out when it comes to that one. You can try totally clearing your cache when that happens, although it can be hard to make sure that the cache (including the Flash cache) is wiped.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!