Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

printable writing excercise

joschua011   February 25th, 2010 6:04a.m.

I want to practice my characters on paper, before i signed up on skritter i used a online germanchinese dictionary to organize my vocab, this could also create exercise-sheets like:
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BwFOIqcLxnL_ZTNjMjc1NWYtYjQ3Mi00NTlmLTg2ZTUtMGUwZTMwNDI5NTcy&hl=en
or flashcards you only needed to print and cut.
Well, this is not neccesary but convenient, so i wonder if this could be done by skritter?

nick   February 25th, 2010 9:03a.m.

One of our new interns, Kriti, just started working on printing flashcards last night. It'll probably be a while before she can finish that, but it's coming. If anyone has suggestions for what they'd like to see for flashcard formats and styling, post them here.

Those worksheets are really nice! What dictionary was it that could do that? I suppose that would be the next step for our system. With some work, we'd be able to print worksheets as good as those out of any vocab list you like.

Foo Choo Choon   February 25th, 2010 10:25a.m.

The option to print pinyin lists (definition + pinyin, no characters) would be a great addition.

While I am generally surprised that I can actually write most characters I learned on Skritter, some characters cause problems in the real "pen-and-paper world".
Printing lists could provide the basis for some kind of personal exam - certifying the degree to which real, applicable knowledge has been acquired.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!