Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

"words containing" feature?

俞翰森   January 1st, 2013 7:46a.m.

I am rather often getting duplicated suggestions in the Words containing " part when looking for words to add. Sometimes it might be due to different spellings maybe but most often not. is this a "feature" or just something in the selection of words that is wrong? Se this example: (Swedish but the same happens in English mode as well)

老板 lǎobǎn: chef; ägare; affärsinnehavare
黑板 hēibǎn: blackboard
黑板 hēibǎn: blackboard
地板 dìbǎn: floor; floor board
地板 dìbǎn: floor; floor board
板子 bǎnzi: bräda; planka; bambu eller björk för kroppsstraff
板子 bǎnzi: bräda; planka; bambu eller björk för kroppsstraff
白板 báibǎn: whiteboard

To me at least 黑板,板子 and 地板 are the same and do not have alternative spellings so they should be the same.

pts   January 1st, 2013 10:39a.m.

The first one is simplified while the second one is traditional. Skritter is just not smart enough to know that they actually look exactly the same.

俞翰森   January 1st, 2013 10:48a.m.

Ah, that makes sense and since I do have it set to simplified I do get them both simplified = the same. Thanks. Me and my bad memory, this I have asked before, shame on me.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!