Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Candidate for 4th 5th tone fixing

雅各   April 17th, 2010 11:29p.m.

I am not sure if is correct or incorrect for 哦 to be marked as being 4th or 5th. In fact if you listen to the audio on skritter for it, the 4th and 5th tone sound identical.

In fact I wonder if this word has a correct tone at all?

雅各   April 17th, 2010 11:31p.m.

Im not suggesting that it I think it necessarily needs to be changed on skritter, I am partly just curious about it.

Byzanti   April 18th, 2010 4:05a.m.

MDGB gives é and ó, but the thing is for the most part it's just a filler sound, so it doesn't really have much in the way of a tone.

雅各   April 18th, 2010 8:01a.m.

Yep I think it generally is a filler tone and can pretty much be said with any tone, although not being a native chinese speaker I cant say it with certainty, take the tones of 哦.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!