Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

skritter interface in chinese ¿?

Luisonte   May 4th, 2010 6:00a.m.

Hi,

first time I write here. Skritter is a wonderful tool to learn chinese. Congratulations to those who are behind.

I was just wondering whether it's possible to set up skritter menu in chinese. I did not see if it's possible.

If it were not possible, I think it could be nice to have it since, once you get used to the english menu, changing to chinese is easy and it's a way to learning some other characters.

On the other hand, many of us using skritter are trying to use chinese as much as possible and I think that having skritter interface in Chinese would also help in that goal.

Thank you!

Luis

Rolands   May 4th, 2010 6:18a.m.

Luis

I have better solution for you. Just install Windows Chinese version. I am personally having a lot of "fun". :) Especially, after you install some software which automatically without any prompt installs in Chinese all then menus...

Luisonte   May 4th, 2010 11:17a.m.

wow :) :) :)

installing windows in chinese is a bit too heavy stuff for me :)

I tried to keep my mobile in chinese but I had it back to English for a while and I will later try to do it in Chinese.

Your level of Chinese is, for sure, much better than mine! :)

murrayjames   May 4th, 2010 12:48p.m.

Luisonte,

If a Windows OS is too much for you, then put the following:

Facebook
Internet Browser (Firefox, IE, Safari)
Chat clients (MSN Messenger, AOL)
Gmail
Myspace
iPod, etc.

...all in Chinese. Have a dictionary handy. It's time :-)

nick   May 4th, 2010 10:44p.m.

We don't have one yet, but a lot of people have asked. As we begin to do more internationalization, it's something we'll be trying to figure out. No concrete plans yet, though.

Luisonte   May 4th, 2010 10:54p.m.

Murray, thank you for your advice, I think I will start applying what you say bit by bit :)

Nick, ok, this is just a "nice have" but, of course, there may be some other priorities. On the other hand, keeping the tool as simple as possible could also be very nice and some online services loose power when they get more and more complex.

雅各   May 5th, 2010 1:15a.m.

Hmmm, there would have to be a way to somehow automate the downloading of myspace, facebook, etc in both languages and extracting out the mapping to load up into skritter.

hmm....

Luisonte   May 5th, 2010 2:07a.m.

great idea! :)

having lists with menu words :) :)

jww1066   May 5th, 2010 7:23a.m.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!