Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Prompt not specifying Simplified or Traditional

heruilin   May 5th, 2010 7:54p.m.

I have my language set for both. Today the prompts where not specifying which whether the requested character with Simplified or Traditional. E.g.,

money;coin

I started drawing the simplified and it was looking for the traditional version of qian.

Is this intentional?

heruilin   May 5th, 2010 10:19p.m.

Okay, I can deal with this change now. Specifically, I guess one of the two types of characters, start to draw it and then get feedback if I guessed incorrectly after a few strokes. I then erase the few incorrect strokes and draw the other character type.

I would definitely prefer the other interface asking for the specific type as this does slow me down a bit.

雅各   May 5th, 2010 10:44p.m.

Yes this popped up as a problem for me too, I think within the last 24 hours.

I wasn't sure if it was just as I was in the "beta" test group or if it was affecting everyone.

nick   May 5th, 2010 10:47p.m.

I see what I did--sorry about that. I've fixed it now. Thanks for the bug report!

heruilin   May 6th, 2010 4:32a.m.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for correcting this so promptly!

BTW, before posting this on the forum, I used the feedback mechanism on a few of the prompts where the issue arose. Did you see these?

何睿林

nick   May 6th, 2010 8:33a.m.

Yup; I emailed you back at the same time as posting here. I was waiting until uploading several bugfixes at the same time to let you know it was fixed. Generally, I check the forum just about as much as I check my email, so either one is fine.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!