Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

经验 and 经历

murrayjames   May 8th, 2010 2:11a.m.

What's the difference between them?

west316   May 8th, 2010 2:27a.m.

经验 is more for your business/professional experience. 经历 is more like your personal experience in everyday life. That is the easiest way to keep the two separate.

Neil   May 8th, 2010 6:30a.m.

楼上说的对,我的《1700近义词语用法对比》说:

经验是从实践中得到的知识或技能 - i.e. skills

经历 - 是亲身见过的。 “你见过鬼吗?要求亲身经历!“

Cheryl   May 8th, 2010 9:08a.m.

Our teacher explained it as 经验is accumulated experience, i.e. to have experience in something. So you often use 有经验。经历is an experience that you have been through.经历过什么事情。

pts   May 8th, 2010 9:22a.m.

Paraphrasing what Neil has quoted, 经验 emphasizes more on the knowledge or skill derived from what one has encountered, while 经历 is on what one has passed through.

Neil   May 8th, 2010 11:08a.m.

theres something to do with nouns and verbs as well...
one is better as a verb, and vice versa, but both can be used in either case.

pity i still don't know what a noun or a verb is haha

(我老板说,“亲身“错了,哎呀。。。应该是 ‘亲眼‘。)

pts   May 8th, 2010 1:19p.m.

I think 亲身经历 is correct, but for 见过, it should be 亲眼见过.

Neil   May 8th, 2010 11:38p.m.

pts - yeah I guess this brings up the topic of predicates in chinese.

visual - 看起来不错 - looks good.

auditory - Seems that chinese doesn't have much auditory? I think 挺不错 has a sort of auditory connotation, because 挺/听 have similar sound. 挺 has nothing to do with sound - but do chinese people feel that it's auditory?? hmm

kinesthetic - 摸到他的脾气

太棒了 - bang is a sound in english, but it's a kinesthetic in chinese (棒子 - stick/club/bat)

olifactory - 风味

(亲历: (formal) - have a personal experience of sth.)

pts   May 9th, 2010 1:31p.m.

For auditory, one can use 听起来不错. There’s also the 亲耳听到.
I think 挺 is an adverb of degree. It can also be used to describe the other senses besides hearing. For example, 看起来挺帅的、摸起来挺软的、

For 摸, again we have 亲手 as in 亲手摸到。In writing, 触 is often added to form 触摸, as the sense of touch is 触觉.

I’m not sure about smelling. 嗅 used to be my favourite. The rhs is made up of 自 (a degenerated 鼻) and 犬。So it reminds me of a dog’s nose, except that I’m told I should use 闻 instead. But smelling with a ear?

For completion, I must mention 亲口 and 亲手. For example, 这是他亲口说的。这是我亲手做的蛋糕。

Byzanti   May 9th, 2010 1:37p.m.

On the topic, copied and pasted from a flash card:

看起来,看上去 (A) (looks)
看起来像,看上去像 (N) (looks)

听起来, 听起来像 (sounds)

闻起来, 闻起来像 (smells)

尝起来, 尝起来像 (tastes)

摸起来, 摸起来像 (feels)(also, 手感 but that's formal)

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!