Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

List of characters added to Skritter?

digilypse   May 10th, 2010 10:34p.m.

Would it be possible to see a list of the characters that have been added to the skritter database? Iirc there were about 5000, so that seems like a good place to look for new vocab. And, are there any plans for adding more new characters?

george   May 11th, 2010 11:18a.m.

Hey digilypse, Nick will email you the list of the 7510 characters we currently support.

In terms of adding more characters, I'm sort of the character csar around here and I add about 5-10 a day based on demand. If you have more characters you would like for us to support, you can either send me a list or you can enter them into a custom list. Both methods will result in them getting entered equally as fast.

I do have to warn you though that at present we have a significant backlog, so it might take us a while to get the exact characters you request online! Adding new characters is a two-part process: our illustrious linguistic expert Christopher Clark has to get the definitions correct, then he passes them to me for entry into the database. Right now Chris has a righteous buildup to contend with.

digilypse   May 11th, 2010 11:26a.m.

Oh, wow, thanks! I didn't realize you guys were adding so much so regularly, that's really impressive. 赞~

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!