Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Save me / delete process

themagicpen   May 15th, 2010 10:58p.m.

Any chance of getting a bit of a speed up on these? I can understand the save me process might be a little complex as you need to decide where to put stuff, but even so it's surely not necessary to watch it happen item by item. Similarly I just decided to nuke my account and start from scratch and I now have to watch it do it one by one?

scott   May 16th, 2010 10:01a.m.

The save me could probably be sped up, not so sure about the nuke account button. There's a lot of data to delete to start from scratch.

Will put them on my list of things to do to see what can be done, but these aren't high priority, since they're really last resorts and shouldn't be used often!

themagicpen   May 17th, 2010 3:09a.m.

I'm ditching the first three levels of HSK - taking literally hours.

themagicpen   May 17th, 2010 11:44p.m.

Progress charts after nuking could also do with looking at - they weren't wiped, so characters are now being counted twice.

nick   May 18th, 2010 7:56a.m.

Did you finish the nuke? It should have gotten rid of those as one of the last steps.

themagicpen   May 19th, 2010 9:36p.m.

Thought I had - there was certainly nothing in the vocab viewer or elsewhere. Mind you to try and speed things up I was deleting pages at a time from the viewer, so that might have messed things up.

scott   May 20th, 2010 3:48p.m.

You'll probably want to try nuking again; the progress stats aren't going to be correct unless they're completely wiped with everything else.

themagicpen   May 22nd, 2010 3:01a.m.

Heh, no thanks - got a week of study done since then. I'll just let it tell me I know a ridiculous number of characters - if I get back to where I was before nuking should be about 5,000.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!