Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Business Chinese vocabulary list?

shenqi   May 20th, 2010 9:42a.m.

I looked through the custom lists and textbooks and didn't find any that are business or commerce-specific. I know there are a few textbooks out there such as 商务汉语. Does anyone have a vocab list they can upload?

nick   May 21st, 2010 9:48a.m.

This would be good to have. Does anyone have any recommendations for popular business Chinese / business Japanese books?

podster   May 23rd, 2010 3:33a.m.

Here's the textbook that Georgetown University was using at the time I bought it:

Open for Business, Lessons in Chinese Commerce for the New Millenium
Jane C.M. Kuo
published by Cheng and Tsui

An impressive addition to my groaning bookshelf of Chinese books, where it has sat unused for several years now, so I can't comment on its quality, but looking at the topics and vocabulary it blows away most of the other books I have on business, which are typically dialogs about how many tons of widgets Mr. Smith is going to buy from Mr. Wang's company, and the opening of the letter of credit in support thereof. . . .

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!