Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Practicing reading (pinyin)

aharlekyn   May 24th, 2010 12:03p.m.

I practice my list of textbook words and know the writing and tones of them. I did not practice the reading before and would like to practice it now (for my test tomorrow), but it seems I cant practice it since I already know the writing. It only gives me the last 4 characters's pinyin of which I didn't know the writing yet.

Do I need to bomb all my words if I want to practice the pinyin?

nick   May 24th, 2010 4:15p.m.

No; just set yourself back to the beginning of the textbook and it will go through and readd the words, including the pinyin parts, when it comes time to add new ones. (So you could press the manual add button to force it.)

The way to change this is in the "More Actions" dropdown on the list page: "Study Settings".

aharlekyn   May 24th, 2010 5:11p.m.

Ah, thanks. Already bombed it. hahaha

I tend to have adrenalin filled suicidal actions before a big tests. :D

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!