Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Rates of addition

阿福   June 3rd, 2010 9:02p.m.

I'm learning the "HSK 2", "HSK 3", and three 成语 lists. What I really want is for the SRS to give me 50% HSK 2 (so that it gets done) 25% HSK 3 (to challenge me) and 25% 成语 to keep me entertained.

AFAIK there is no way to ensure this?

nick   June 3rd, 2010 10:13p.m.

Nope. You would have to manually add stuff while pausing and unpausing the lists you want in the ratios you desire.

Although perhaps useful, I would dread the idea of making an intuitive interface for what you describe.

阿福   June 4th, 2010 6:51a.m.

There is already a way to regulate the rate at which new characters are added overall; one would just apply those each list. As far as I know this would not interfere with SRS. I have to say though, that it's not clear how many people want such fine-grained control over their study.

Pause/unpause is probably fine, but that feature seems to have gone? All I see on the practice page is "cram" and "remove" buttons?

FatDragon   June 4th, 2010 6:58a.m.

For an intuitive interface you could use sliders next to all of the lists (perhaps enabled by a check box in the options menu to reduce clutter for the average user), where the sum of all of the sliders equals 100%.

Byzanti   June 4th, 2010 7:38a.m.

阿福 - you can pause and stop on the actual page where you write characters, by hitting the active lists button in the top right corner.

阿福   June 4th, 2010 10:31p.m.

Found it - thanks, Byzanti.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!