Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

practice without audio to improve speed??

Luisonte   June 11th, 2010 9:16p.m.

Hi,

yesterday my connection was a bit slow. Suddenly, I started to not listening any audio but the speed to practise writting improve.
I got the feeling that maybe audios were not being loeded making it a better experience given the speed of my connection at that moment.

1. did it happen by mistake? or it is already a feature?

2. maybe, it could be good to being able to disconnect audio so that the program downloads less info in order to work

3. I don't k now if what I wrote here makes much sense.

Happy weekend!

L

nick   June 17th, 2010 6:02p.m.

I actually have it so that it still loads the sounds even if the volume is turned off, because I never got the code to recover well enough when you turned the sound on if it hadn't been loading the sounds needed. So any improvement you noticed was probably a fluke. I haven't measured to see how much of the info downloaded is sounds and how much is strokes, so I don't know how big a difference it would make to fix that code.

Is there an interest in super-low-bandwidth Skritter?

Byzanti   June 17th, 2010 6:20p.m.

To the contrary: I'm hoping when you come to do a native mobile version, it still supports pictures :p.

In all seriousness, it seems pretty low bandwidth as it is, even for over 3g. I've used Skritter on a train before, and a few kb here and there wouldn't have made the difference. The audio files can't be much more than that? And, when you get round to a proper mobile version, you could always store much of it locally...

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!