Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Adding reading and definition practice

mcfarljw   June 11th, 2010 4:24p.m.

Perhaps this has been discussed in the past, but I've been a rather lazy Skritter user when it comes to keeping up with new features. I've been practicing only writing and pinyin for several months now.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the transition and add in the two other study methods? I believe you still have to manually re-add vocabulary for it to populate to the new study methods, is that still true?

arp   June 11th, 2010 5:14p.m.

I recently did just what you mentioned. I exported all my words and added them with all four study methods. My only warning is that it's been a couple weeks and I'm still drowning in thousands of reviews. I would suggest that you do it either in smaller chunks or at a time when you have extra Skrittering time. Overall, I'm glad I did it, because I feel like I'm getting a more thorough grounding in each character/word.

jww1066   June 11th, 2010 6:33p.m.

Another thing you can do is to export everything you have and import it all into a new custom list. You'd need to break it up into groups of 100 I guess. Then you can enable the new modes and go through your list at your own pace.

mcfarljw   June 11th, 2010 8:07p.m.

Cool, thanks for the advice both of you. I'll probably steer away from adding them all haha I don't like having a large queue anyways. Might try making a custom list if I have time, sounds like the least invasive method.

scott   June 12th, 2010 11:45a.m.

One thing you could do is start lists over from the beginning. Any lists that you've added from, just go to that list page and click 'Study Settings' in the 'More Actions' drop down. Select what sections you want to study and it will start adding once again from the beginning of your selection. Then you wouldn't have to go through the queue to add these words.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!