Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

this one's yours...mnemonic stuff

sonorier   June 13th, 2010 4:26a.m.

the first time it happened i thought it was because i inadvertently changed something in somebody else's mnemonic, making it show up as my own. However i just clicked on a mnemonic, to click "see author", and there it was again, showing up both as mine and the other guy's. I thought, maybe they mean, this is the one I chose, so I tried clicking on the other guy's picture, but after looking at 'see author' again, there were two identical mnemonics 'this one's yours' with 0 votes and another also identical one of the other guy. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Also this other guy's had three votes, although before I accidentally created an identical one, it was the only one, so it is the default one. I thought mnemonics can only get votes if you change from the default one to another one, which gets the vote, or did I get that wrong?

Finally, would it be possible to have a different button if there actually is more than one mnemonic. If you have to click 'see author', just to notice there is only one, it is quite a waste of time.

Byzanti   June 13th, 2010 4:44a.m.

It is a bug that Nick's on to. And there is a different button if there's more than one, it says "See 2 others" or somesuch.

sonorier   June 13th, 2010 5:07a.m.

Well, more than once I clicked see author and got to see more than one. It used to be 'see x others'. Nowadays I always see 'see author'.

But anyway, he knows about the bug. Was it on the forum? I must have missed it.

cheers

nick   June 17th, 2010 6:12p.m.

I've been sporadically amassing bugs from my email. I'll put that other bug on there, where the button text isn't right. 哎呀! This was all supposed to be fixed a week ago. Sorry guys.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!