Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Error with new list editor

FatDragon   June 17th, 2010 1:35a.m.

I decided to try fiddling with the new list editor for kicks and giggles, so I entered a title and a description, then I selected Section 1, gave it a name, and hit enter to create a new section.

It created a new section, but before I could finish naming it, I got a refresh of the page, with the title and description unchanged, one section (Section 1), and a red error message up top:

Sects
This field is required.

My guess is that the enter key is creating a new section and trying to create the list at the same time, so it comes up with an error because the second section title isn't finalized. I was able to get around this problem by avoiding the enter key when manipulating the sections. I guess the logical solution would be to unbind the enter key from the "make list" function, if that's possible.

Oh, and I'm using Chrome 5.0.375.70 beta on Win 7 64-bit Home Premium, if any of that makes a difference.

scott   June 17th, 2010 5:23p.m.

Ah got it. Yeah the environment did make a difference; Chrome (and probably Safari) do this but Firefox doesn't. For some reason by default they have Enter submit the form...

Anyway, it was a quick fix. I'll upload it later today or tomorrow. Thanks for the bug report!

Byzanti   June 17th, 2010 5:34p.m.

(Hijack) Nice addition with the number of words in a section now showing, Scott!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!