Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

End of day and a few minor problems

tonkfodder   July 13th, 2010 4:18p.m.

Noticed recently due to skrittering between world cup matches in China the day doesn't always reset a midnight but sometimes between 3 and 6 am. My time is set to Shanghai time zone. At first thought it was because I hadn't logged but seems to happen even if i log out. Is there anyway to force it set to the new day?

Also on a small note the MDBG lookup link doesn't seem to work at the moment even their website seems fine and not sure if it is just my internet but Skritters from China seems be having a minor freezes 3-5 seconds every few minutes.

Byzanti   July 13th, 2010 6:34p.m.

I think for counting stats the day ends at 4am, but the practice page "week ahead" automatically updates at midnight.. I think.

scott   July 14th, 2010 9:28a.m.

Yes, Byzanti is correct. The end of the day for progress stats is 4am so that if you're doing a late night practice session on Skritter, you count the hours spent past midnight as the day before. Hopefully you're in bed by the time 4am rolls around!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!