Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Use Heisig keywords for only some lists

mucmuc   July 23rd, 2010 8:48a.m.

Is it possible to enable the Heisig keywords for only some lists? Right now I'm working my way through Remembering the Traditional Hanzi 1 (I'll publish it when I'm done, since strangely I can't find a full Heisig list in Skritter yet) and am adding each word to a Heisig list I've created. Using Skritter for review with the Heisig Keywords settings enabled is wonderful for this.

However, I also another non-Heisig lists which I want to continue practicing, but since I haven't reached most of the characters on that list in Heisig yet, seeing Heisig keywords and no normal definitions for those words is not helpful. Is there any way to enable the Heisig keywords only for my Heisig list and not for my other lists? If not, any work-arounds? Right now I'm studying my Heisig list first, then going to preferences and enabling Heisig before studying the Heisig words. This works, but it's a bit cumbersome to keep mucking with the preferences and also means I can no longer use the study everything mode since that mixes all the Heisig and non-Heisig words together and I get either all Heisig keywords or none.

nick   July 23rd, 2010 9:03a.m.

No, but I am still planning on reworking it according to this thread so that Heisig keywords show up in bold, followed by the normal definitions:
http://www.skritter.com/forum/topic?id=38221373

I think that would do what you want, yes?

jww1066   July 23rd, 2010 9:03a.m.

I'm confused. Are you saying that http://www.skritter.com/vocab/list?list=agVza3JpdHIWCxINVm9jYWJMaXN0SW5mbxi0ppQGDA isn't a full list?

James

mucmuc   July 23rd, 2010 9:11a.m.

Great, yeah that would be perfect, I'll be eagerly waiting for it.

James, 哈, no I guess I'm saying my ability to find lists in Skritter is not up to par :) Thanks for the link, I'll be using that list from now on.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!