Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

小的横折 not always recognized

Mandarinboy   August 20th, 2010 7:24p.m.

Can I in any way trim skritters recognition of small 横折 like in 晚? I am running chrome with a bamboo tablet and for many of those small strokes, especially 横折 and 竖钩 i need to be at least 97% accurate in placement and size to get accepted.

Mandarinboy   August 20th, 2010 7:31p.m.

Fun, The héng part seems ok i the topic header but is shown as a Unicode box in the subject field in the forum. Can this be my Japanese shift JIS that messing this up maybe? Now i start to understand why my Chinese parents in law complains about my Chinese typing in windows live:-)

nick   August 23rd, 2010 11:18a.m.

Try just making the strokes bigger, or doing them faster? For recognition, ideally you would make a quick, medium-sized, straight horizontal line, then do a quick, sharp turn into a medium-sized straight diagonal line, and the whole thing would be centered on the center of the stroke in the writing box.

skritterjohan   August 24th, 2010 3:29a.m.

Any changes in stroke recognition would also make for all the rest of us to have to re-train ourselves :)

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!