Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

stroke order for 车

jww1066   August 25th, 2010 2:03p.m.

MDBG says that the horizontal stroke on the bottom of 车 should come before the vertical stroke, while Yellowbridge says the vertical stroke comes first. On Skritter, when practicing 车 by itself, the horizontal stroke comes first, but in 轮 the vertical comes first. Is there an official standard for this?

James

nick   August 25th, 2010 2:18p.m.

Yes; you're looking at it. We had this discussion on the forum a long time ago and came to that conclusion. So recently I went and changed everything such that it's horizontal first for 车 when it's not horizontally composed (and the line looks horizontal) and vertical first otherwise (when the horizontal line turns into an upward slash).

Previously some of them had alternate orders acceptable, but I torched them.

jww1066   August 25th, 2010 2:24p.m.

Aha, thanks

三郎   August 25th, 2010 7:42p.m.

是的,一个独体汉字在做偏旁部首(radical)的时候,它的写法会发生改变,这是为了那个新字,就像人们结婚以后要改变一些自己的习惯一样(比如换姓)。车单写(itself)时,先写横(一),最后再写竖(l)。做部首的时候,先写竖,再写提。

FatDragon   August 26th, 2010 4:09a.m.

You lost me at the marriage metaphor... :P

三郎   August 28th, 2010 12:26a.m.

我在看玩笑,没什么深意。
结婚以前每个人都是自己本身(itself),但是结婚以后我们不再是自己,而是一个个婚姻(marriage)的缔结者(founder),就像“车”本身是交通工具,但是作部首以后,它就不再是它,比如说“输”,它还有车的血统(blood),但是它主要是说运送东西了。

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!