Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Advanced Chinese: Intention, Strategy, & communication

iansh   October 14th, 2010 3:33p.m.

Does anyone have this book on Skritter? Is it possible to add? I am studying from this book at school now and it would be convenient to have the textbook uploaded to skritter.

Thanks

rgwatwormhill   October 14th, 2010 4:30p.m.

Hi, you can find out whether it is there by going to Vocabulary, Custom Lists, and searching on single words in the title (I just looked for "intention" and it is not there, but it might be labelled in chinese).

If it is not, you can add it yourself by typing all the (Chinese) words into eg Word, then creating a list (Vocabulary, Custom Lists, New List) and using cut and paste to enter the words.

Tedious I know, but at least you will be starting to learn them as you type them in.

Rachael.

Byzanti   October 14th, 2010 8:13p.m.

Hey, what do you think of this book? The concept looks interesting (for everyone else, you can download a preview here http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/book.asp?isbn=0300104634 ). However I wouldn't call the first chapter (the preview) one it gives advanced. How much more complex does it get? Is a lot of it useable in spoken language, or does the focus tend to slip towards written?

Cheers

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!