Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Adding to review types?

SpokeLee   October 14th, 2010 3:17p.m.

I was looking for a list of joyo kanji and want to study just their writing and definition but wasn't having any luck. Is it possible to take the Reviewing the Kanji lists and make it so definitions are reviewed are also?

scott   October 15th, 2010 5:31a.m.

Since the books focus on the characters, those lists only have the writing studied. Those single characters have the general definitions for the characters and on and kun readings, so they're not able to be studied. They don't represent words that are used, just the characters themselves.

Could make a new list, taking those characters and adding them as words instead of components, where the characters stand alone as words anyway.

The reason we don't have study for component definitions and on and kun readings is because they're not very useful on their own, they're really best learned in the context of whole words.

SpokeLee   October 15th, 2010 8:06a.m.

I got that, and agree, I just want to be prompted to produce the keyword too so I know I got the meaning too. I'm afraid I'm not really getting the meaning if I'm not asked if I know the keyword.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!