Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Anyone using a Trust TB-5300 ?

rgwatwormhill   November 8th, 2010 6:38a.m.

Hi there,

I've been reading forum comments about the Wacom Bamboo tablets, and I'm just about convinced I should buy one. However, before I do, I thought I'd look for alternatives, and I saw an ad for TB-5300. It looks like it would do the same job for half the price. Is anyone using it? Is it good? Was it easy to install? Is the pen very heavy? How long do the pen batteries last?

Any comments welcome.

Rachael.

Byzanti   November 8th, 2010 7:35a.m.

Pen batteries? Well, instantly heavier than a wacom which doesn't use any at all. I guess you know that though. On another note, I've never had a trust product which was any good, or lasted. Given how much you're going to be using it (I suspect), I'd just go and buy the wacom

nick   November 8th, 2010 8:40a.m.

Two members had reported good things about this Monoprice tablet:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10841&cs_id=1084101&p_id=5551&seq=1&format=2

We ordered one to test it out. Not quite as good as the Wacom, but very cheap. George is going to do a review.

west316   November 8th, 2010 9:01a.m.

If you are only using it to Skritter, then cheaper is often "good enough." I am using a 40RMB pad I bought in China. It is a scratched up train wreck, but it still works fine for Skritter. If the customer reviews are decent, I would go with the cheaper. Almost everyone here seems to use the good ones. Maybe I am missing out on something and I don't even realize it.

Neil   November 8th, 2010 12:49p.m.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!